Sunday, April 23

My First Stash Sunday

I got the following piece of fabric from my Aunt Ginny about two years ago. I believe she got in Japan when she went there to teach.

Japanese Flowers

I love the complimentary colors. I just love the whole thing, but I'm afraid of ruining it. That's why I haven't made anything out of it yet. I'm thinking that I'll eventually make some sort of wall hanging out of it. Maybe I'll cut the flowers into squares and frame them with a white fabric. Then I'll place them and surround them by blue, orange and white squares. Or maybe not. Maybe I will cut out the flowers and applique them onto a patchwork background. Either way, It will probably be another two years before I can make up my mind. In the meantime, I'll just drag it out every once in a while to admire it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

very nice fabric. i have a lot of fabrics from japan that i also can't bring myself to cut into..
I think your piece would look nice as the centerpiece of a quilt or a wall hanging (depending on it's measurements). thanks for letting us admire it too.

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home