Wednesday, May 17

Behold the Holder of the Pots

I love making homemade gifts for people. I also love receiving homemade gifts from people. It's just a nice feeling, knowing that someone took time and effort to create something special for you. The problem with making gifts, however, is that after so many years you start running out of ideas of what to make for people. At least I do. I've made pillows, wall hangings, aprons, and tote bags. This past year was the year of the potholder.

Chicken PotholderPotholders are great because they are a small project. Since I had a newborn, I figured that potholders were the way to go for Christmas this past year. It was a great success, but that same newborn must have sucked out all my brain cells because I completely forgot to take pictures of any of the potholders! This one here I made for my grandmother's birthday, which is a month before Christmas. I was able to take a picture of it this past weekend when I visited her for Mother's Day. She has it proudly displayed in her kitchen, where it is never used.

And that is a topic for another day: how most people think quilts are too pretty to actually use. Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home