Tuesday, May 23

My First Softie!

My First Softie!Yesterday I took a book out of the library (Teach yourself to make soft toys: simple techniques and patterns for stuffed animals) so that I could learn how to make stuffed toys. I thought that since KCquilts is partially named after Casey the Wonderdog, we should have a little mascot. So, I want to design a stuffed doggie that will represent Casey Quilts. This book does a great job of teaching me to make soft toys, but not how to design my own toys. I guess I have to figure that out for myself.

I started by making a duck because the duck is one of the simplest designs in the book. Also, it is one that I don't actively dislike. I'm rather proud of this duck and thought it looked pretty good. However, when my husband came home he laughed and said that it looked like it has cancer of the beak. I'm still not sure exactly what that means except that I think he should try making his own duck and then we'll see what that looks like!

Anyway, I suppose I'll try making a few more of the designs from the book before trying to design them myself. I have a feeling that I will need LOTS of patience for that endeavor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home