Monday, May 8

No Sewing Does Not Equal No Quilting

I had a very busy weekend and never made it down to my sewing room, but I did make some quilting progress. First, I created templates for the quilting pattern I need to trace onto the dorm quilt I'm still working on. I really hope that I can quilt it on my machine with the tiny underarm space. If not, all that tracing will be in vain and I will have to tie it. I hate wasting time like that, so I really hope that I can machine quilt it. Also, it will look much better that way.

Quilt Patterns

I also broke out the graph paper this weekend and designed two baby quilts. I'm trying to make quilts that I design entirely by myself, using books for ideas and inspiration instead of taking patterns straight from them. I'm playing right now with interesting pieced borders to go with the quilts. I'm also playing with color combinations. The really frustrating thing is that I can design the quilt in such a short amount of time, but it takes so long to actually make it and see what the design looks like when completed. This is especially true when you have four other projects you are already working on and must finish before you start any new designs!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home