Wednesday, May 3

Not Another Project!!???

I finished piecing together the top and back of the Virginia Tech quilt, but I still need to mark the top for quilting, baste it, and actually quilt it together. But, apparently, that won't stop me from beginning yet another project. I really have a problem. Now I have one big quilt, two small quilts, one wall hanging and this new project in the works. Somebody needs to stop me.

It all started when I decided that I wanted a new baby carrier for Simon, since he is a gigantic baby and it would be much easier on my back if I had a carrier. A friend introduced me to the Mei Tai baby carrier, so I started looking into them only to discover that they were quite expensive. But then, I found this web site giving instructions for how to make one. I was sold and immediately went off to buy fabric instead of waiting for a sale or a coupon, like I should have done. This was when my real problem became apparent.

The fabric store had so many lovely fabrics to choose from that I shopped around for way too long. I pulled all kinds of bolts off the shelves and played with different fabric combinations until I probably made the staff very angry. I had such a hard time choosing that, if I had the time and money, I'm sure I would have bought fabric for three or four baby carriers. As it is, I'm already doubting the ones I chose. I mean, they're nice, but maybe some other combination would have been better! What if it doesn't look as nice in a baby carrier as it does as a bunch of pieces of fabric???

Evening Fabric Shopping


I have to stop dwelling on it before I start a stash of fabric for baby carriers like the one I have for quilts. Really, I only need one obsession.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home