Friday, June 30

WIP Friday

OK, I'm jumping on the Work In Progress Friday bandwagon here in the hopes that it motivates me to actually complete all my works in progress. Although these particular works already have deadlines, so I should be sufficiently motivated ;).

Bag In Progress

First is a bag I've almost completed for July's Whiplash competition. All entries are due the first two weeks of July, but I'm going on vacation without my computer or sewing machine (eek!) on the second week of July, so I only have a week to finish and take pictures and post about it. I'm really excited about the bag and the competition and I hope it all comes out well. I didn't want to give away too much with the picture - just a teaser ;).

Mei Tai In Progress The second WIP is a baby carrier for a baby shower that is next Sunday. I will be on vacation so I won't be at the shower, but I promised to deliver a gift before I go out of town so I need to get it done soon. This is only technically a work in progress because I have taken the steps to purchase fabric and pre-wash it. Other than that, I have done nothing! I have some serious work to do.

My final WIP is my sewing room and I am too embarrassed to post a picture of that. It is a certified disaster area. There are piles of crap everywhere, to the point where I'm surprised I can find anything and/or get anything done. The problem is that I get so involved in projects that I don't want to stop to clean. So, I don't clean until the situation becomes dire. And, believe me, it's dire now. I think after I finish these two projects I need to commit myself to not starting anything else until I do some serious work in my sewing room. It's just so hard to not start new projects - I have so many floating around in my brain!

On a different note, I just discovered today that there is a quilting blogger out there called KC Quilter who actually started her blog on the same exact day that I did!! I would consider changing my blog's name, but I've already registered KCquilts.com as a domain name. And I'm planning on using it as a business name. I just feel so tacky now.

1 Comments:

Blogger just jenn said...

I am thoroughly enjoying your site. I have used the Chinese Coins description on your blog to create my own Chinese Coins. I hope to have it finished here in the next few days. Thanks so much!

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home