Monday, July 17

Back in The Groove

The blogging groove, that is. After a week in West Virginia, I am glad to be back home. Saturday evening I finished cleaning my sewing room and I am ridiculously excited about how neat and organized it is. I still have no pictures. I should fix that. It's not much to look at, really, but it's so nice to have it done. Now I just have to work at keeping it clean. Details.

All Blue

I bought this fabulous alphabet fabric at the quilt shop I visited in West Virginia and have already started cutting it up. I'm going to put different colored borders around each letter and carefully piece them onto a background fabric - color to be determined. It will be a challenge to piece - lots of measuring and graph paper! It also won't be done for quite a while. This one is an intentional UFO.

Fun With Letters

The letters are all different colors - the letters in my name just happen to all be blue. I was having a hard time figuring out a word with each letter used only once to use in a picture. It seems to obvious now.

I've changed a few things around on the sidebar. You can see some new Flickr groups I've joined and some minor changes to my profile. I'm very excited about the Year of Color group started by Amy over at Happythings. I now have some additional incentive to actually break open that instruction manual for my new camera. I've been meaning to do it for quite some time, but the time never seems to present itself.

White

Speaking of time, I'm probably not going to have a lot of time to sew this week. I'm trying to teach Simon to fall asleep on his own, which is involving lots of crying on his part and attention on my part. I feel awful letting him cry, but he was crying when I was holding him and rocking him to sleep as well. Basically, he's crying either way. It's no fun.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tanya Hyman said...

I love, love, love the fabric! I think it will make a wonderful quilt.

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home