Friday, July 21

Pretty in Pink

Becky's Quilt In ProgressYesterday Simon finally decided to take a nap (as opposed to passing out in his high chair or on the floor), so I was able to get some work done on the custom baby quilt I'm making. I'm not usually a fan of pink, but I was giving the instructions that I should be able to stand back to look at the quilt and see mostly pink. More specifically, "dusty pinks". I'm really enjoying the way it's turning out. It's pink, but in a sweet (rather than sickening) way. It's pretty in a way that will suit a little girl , or even an older girl, beyond the baby years.

Since this is a custom job, and not one I'm making to give away, I've found that I'm taking a lot more care in making it. I finished piecing the top last night and discovered that I had put one of the blocks in backwards! My first instinct was to just leave it and call it a humility block. Most people wouldn't even notice it unless they were looking at it closely. Then I stopped deluding myself and admitted that most people would notice the block and, furthermore, would have no idea what a humility block was in the first place. Thankfully, the block in question was in a corner and easily accessible.

Fix

It was my first time taking apart a finished quilt top and then putting it back together. I was afraid that I might make a royal mess of it, but it turned out just fine. Sometimes I just don't know what I'd do without my trusty seam-ripper!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you just hate it when that happens? But you fixed it good as new. Truly - seam rippers are one of the best inventions!

The quilt is looking nice - simple and subtle. I LOVE pinks but dusty pink would have been a hard one for me too. Too much 80s country connotations...

3:00 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Love the quilt! And the shade of pinks.

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home